"NO" SEA&EARTH POLLUTION
NO SEA&EARTH POLLUTION - ALBATROSS
creates global awareness for an obvious goal:
cleaning up the poisonous plastic mess we make.
" ALBATROSS " anti PLASTIC POLLUTION
"ACTION" Project 2012-2020
Captain Manfred Reicher founder- chairman
- ACTIVE AGAINST PLASTIC WASTE -
- AKTIE TEGEN PLASTIC AFVAL -
- PLASTIK ATIK KARŞI ETKİN -
- AKTIV GEGEN KUNSTSTOFFMÜll -
- ACTION CONTRE ORDURES PLASTIC -
- ATTIVIAMOCI CONTRO I RIFIUTI IN PLASTICA -
* . * . *
The size, mass, and composition of plastic debris
in the western North Atlantic Ocean
Available online 14 August 2010.
Plastic marine debris on the Portuguese coastline:
A matter of size? Available online 19 October 2011.
October 8, 2011
Ivanhoe Reservoir, Los Angeles
Photograph by Gerd Ludwig, National Geographic
In 2007, high levels of bromate—a carcinogen formed when bromide and chlorine react with sunlight—were found in Los Angeles’s Ivanhoe Reservoir. Today three million black plastic balls help deflect UV rays.
WHAT’S THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR BELOVED PLASTIC BAGS?
Consider the Following Shocking Facts About Plastic Shopping Bags:
• Plastic bags are made of polyethylene
• Polyethylene is a petroleum product
• Production contributes to air pollution and energy consumption
• It takes 1000 years for polyethylene bags to break down
• As polyethylene breaks down, toxic substances leach into the soil and enter the food chain
• Approximately 1 billion seabirds and mammals die per year by ingesting plastic bags
• Plastic bags are often mistaken as food by marine mammals. 100,000 marine mammals die yearly by eating plastic bags.
• These animals suffer a painful death, the plastic wraps around their intestines or they choke to death
• Plastic bag choke landfills
• Plastic bags are carried by the wind into forests, ponds, rivers, and lakes